Choosing the Best Air Purifiers for Allergies
Did you know the last time you went for fresh air; it wasn’t really fresh?
The continually increasing urbanization, traffic, industrial waste, and many other sources of pollution continue to damage the environment. Even if we grow as many trees as we can, the idea of fresh air is a lost struggle. Just as we cannot really be sure if the air we breathe is pure, we cannot be aware of the airborne allergies that have already started affecting us before we know it.
What Does the Air Around Us Contain?
All across the world, there are countless cases of allergies, asthma, and many other respiratory issues. Every time we step out of the house, we inhale contaminated air throughout the day. Now air contamination does not refer to just the pollutants. Other factors that lead to airborne allergies and asthma attacks. For instance, a lot of people are highly allergic to pollen, pets, and even smoke.
This, however, is not just true for the outdoor environment. Our homes are about five times more likely to contain highly saturated levels of pollutants and allergens, especially when it comes to pets and dust that commonly exist indoors.
These are merely a few elements that we know of. The air is contaminated with many other particles that can trigger allergic asthma.
How Do Allergies Effect Daily Life?
It is not easy to be prone to an allergic reaction from one thing or the other. It gets difficult to carry out seemingly normal activities without triggering an asthma attack, for instance. Keeping pets is “No!”
For children, it is an even sensitive case. Unlike adults, the kids are not always mindful of their condition, and you can never know when they get a reaction staying outdoors or even near a neighbors’ pet. It is still essential to keep the house dust free and ensure the windows are closed when it is pollen season.
- Related Post: Best Air Purifier for Dust
What Is the Solution?
It is a whole other matter of discussion when we come to a clean Earth. What we can do is to start solving the problem from home. The solution to your problems is an Air Purifier for allergies.
If you suffer from airborne allergies or worry about a loved one at home who goes through a daily struggle, we have the best of suggestions for you. Whether it is for your home or a gift to someone you care for, this article will help you find the right air purifier for asthma as well.
What makes an Air Purifier the Best Solution for You?
You must already know by the name as to what purpose an air purifier serves. We have also made a list of reasons that make it the best choice for you;
- While there is a way to dust and clean the households, air purifiers clean the air for you
- Pollen, dander, and mold spores are suspended midair, and air purifiers help get rid of these stubborn particles
- With their HEPA technology, they can even capture even the smallest of allergens like viruses and bacteria
- Air purifiers for allergens can improve sleep quality and prevent attacks day and night
What are the top 10 Air Purifiers for Allergies?
Rabbit Air MinusA2 comes with a range of special features that make it the best air purifier for allergies. It may not be like the expensive ones you find in the market, but it works best of all. This is what makes it a wonderful choice for your home. Let us look into its qualities so you can find out for yourself.
- Pre and Medium-Filter: this two-layered filtration makes it twice as effective in purifying the air around you. These filters trap from large to medium particles, even pet hair
- Advanced BioGS HEPA Filter: the true HEPA Filter means 99.97% of clean air. This filter is capable of capturing particles down to 0.3 microns
- Customized Filter: provide double protection against germs, pet allergy, odor and toxins
- Activated Carbon: removes tobacco smoke, cooking odors, and exhaust fumes
- Noise Free: you can also keep it on while you sleep, you don’t have to wake up with allergic reactions in the night
- Five Year Warranty
- Room Coverage: covers up to 815 sq. ft. and can also be mounted on the wall
- 200 CADR rating
With Rabbit Air MinusA2, you can get clean air with a beautifully designed model in just $95. Its aesthetics make it blend in with your home décor as well.
- Noise less with smart features
- Covers up to 815 sq. ft.
- 200 CADR rating
- Five Years Warranty
- Not for very Harsh Orders
- Auto timer missing
With its modern design and amazingly effective filtration, it is among the top most suitable choices as an air purifier for allergen and asthma. In just $100 you can get an effectively purified air in your house or offices. It is known for its 3-in-1 filter system;
- True HEPA Filter: cleans the air up to 99.9% including all the microscopic allergen to the size of 0.3 microns
- Activated Carbon Filter: fully capable of removing odors from smoke, cooking or even from pets
- UV-C Light Filter: kills airborne viruses and bacteria that may cause health issues
- 107 CADR rating
- Area coverage of 150 sq. ft.
It is well suited for a room of 150 sq. ft. The UV-C light is placed inside the purifier which means that you do not have to worry about any health hazards. This light only destroys the bacteria to their core DNA which means you can sleep soundly without worrying about them anymore.
- Can purify a space up to 193 sq. ft.
- Can purify a space up to 193 sq. ft.
- Small Size & light weight
- Very Quiet
- Low maintaining cost
- Produce burning smell on long time usage
This air purifier is the best for asthma and allergies, totally worth your money and has amazing features that make it very effective in air purification.
Here are a couple of technical details that we would like to share with you:
- Pre-Filter: the Activated Carbon proves it to be best suited for asthma patients since it helps get rid of smoke and other particles that may trigger an attack
- True HEPA Filter: cleans the air up to 99.97% and can get rid of particles and viruses down to 0.005 microns
Honeywell HPA300 is recommended as the best choice 9 out of 10 times. A specialty of this model is that it meets the standards of the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers with a Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of 300. It covers an area of 465 sq. ft. and you can place it in rooms as well as offices.
- Cover large space up to 465 sq. ft.
- Special for Allergies
- Automatic shut off timer
- 5-year warranty
- Little High Filter replacement cost as it cover 465 sq.
- Not so quiet
This is a 4 stage air purifier with numerous positive reviews. It is one of the best air purifiers for asthma and helps with easy breathing and sound sleep. Here are a few of its special features that may let you decide better:
- Has Pre-filter, Activated Carbon, True HEPA filter and an ionizer that gets rid of different sized particles and allergens
- 97% effectiveness, cleaning particles down to 0.3 microns
- Has a 246 CADR rating
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
This air purifier is known to be on the top of ratings in Korea and has been nominated as the Best Air Purifier from different sources well known to review these models like Breathe Quality. It covers an area of 360 sq. ft and costs $399.93.
- Can Cover a large space up to 360 sq. ft.
- Best for dust, allergens, household odors, mold and bacteria.
- 4 Stage Filtration System (Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, Vital Ion)
- Timer Feature & Filter replacement indicator
- Quiet operation
- Lights can disturb you in night
- Make little Noise at very high speed
- Limited manufacturer's warranty of 1 year
One of the high-level air purifiers for allergens, this model has exceeded the expectations of the customers and formed a very loyal community in a short time. Like many other air purifiers, this one has a 3 step process with all the basic technologies installed; from HEPA filter to Activated carbon and the pre-filter. This model comes with;
- 312 CADR rating
- Area coverage of 716 sq. ft.
- Purification of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- A 2-year warranty
Levoit LV-H134 comes with a Smart Sensor that provides with real-time information about the quality of air indoors and turns out to be very accurate as well.
- Advance smart Features
- CADR 312 CADR rating
- Easy to move
- 360-degree Air intake
- Produce smell on long time use
- Vibrating noise after long usage
This one is a very popular air purifier for asthma. Recommended by Allergy Association, Today’s Parent, as well as Swedish Asthma, it helps prevent attacks and takes care of other likely symptoms. Here are a few things that make this model highly recommendable:
- Purifies air up to 99.97%
- Gets rid of particles down to 0.1 microns
- Has Smoke Stop filter with an extra layer of Activated Carbon
- Works in a silent mode
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
This purifier covers an area of 430sq.ft. and has a 300 CADR rating.
- 300 sq ft - 400 sq. ft coverage
- Smart Feature Wifi control
- Powerful unit
- 5 Years Warranty
- Large in size
- Bit Expensive
This one is a Medical-grade air purifier for severe asthma and allergic reactions. Austin Air has been pioneering models since 1990 and is one of the finest brands for best air purifiers. They build everything in the house and take special care of customer needs, recreating rooms as clean as hospitals.
They come with True HEPA filter, Pre-filter, and Medium filter, as well as Activated Carbon. When we say a room as clean as the one in hospitals, we mean the best of care that you can get at home without any allergens or odor in the air around you. This purifier has:
- 5-year Prorated filter warranty
- Area coverage of up to 1500 sq. ft.
- Capacity to remove Volatile Organic Compounds and other gaseous toxins
- A 400 CADR rating
- Filter need replacement after every 5 years
- Cleans area of up to 1500 ft.
- Very Powerful Unit
- High Build quality with 360-Degrees of Air Intake
- Large in size
- Not enough smart features
Alen is the only company that gives a warranty of its products with a forever time period. They have the most suitable purifiers for people who suffer from severe asthma conditions. It has a high-quality air filtration system with a powerful fan to ensure an effective purification process. It comes with:
- Noiseless operation
- Laser Smart Sensor that adjusts the purifier automatically according to the particles in the room
- Area coverage of 1300 sq. ft.
- Cleans the area every 30 minutes
- 347 CADR rating
- Coverage Area 1300 Sq. ft
- Incredibly Quiet
- Long filter life 12-15 Months
- Smart Features
- Life time Warranty
- Bit Expensive but worth the price
This one is another of Medical-grade purifiers serving best to counter asthma attacks. IQAir has an experience of 50 years in this field and successfully battles allergens and toxins that may trigger an attack of asthma. It consists of all the necessary technologies to work at its best. From HEPA filter to Pre-filter, this model also comes with a V5-Cell Gas & Odor filter that is an exclusive feature in IQAir models. Here are more of its important characteristics:
- 100 times more effective than HEPA purifiers
- Clean particles of 0.3 microns
- Covers an area 0f 1,125 sq. ft.
- 300 CADR rating
- Top Rated for Allergies & Asthma
- Covers size up to 1,125 sq. ft.
- 4 stage filtration with 320 Degree Exhaust
- 5 Year Warranty
- High price range unit
10. Oransi EJ120
Oransi EJ120 has a 2 stage filtration process and comes in a smaller size. It has both pre-filter and HEPA filter along with Activated Carbon which makes it as effective despite a smaller size. It costs $652.04. this purifier can be used in larger rooms as well. This is what you need to know about Oransi EJ120:
- Comes with a 10-year warranty
- Covers an area of 1500 sq. ft.
- Has a 333 CADR rating
- Ideal for any room
- Most Significant Filtration System
- Cover large area up to 1500 sq.ft.
- Power efficient and Quiet Operation
- 10 Year Warranty
- No Smart Features
- High Cost Range
What are some of the things you need to keep in mind before making a final decision?
- Your air purifier must have a steadfast pre-filter that can trap larger allergens like dust and pollen and prolongs the life of the HEPA filter
- Make sure you get a model with a True HEPA filter, this means it is up to the standards of HEPA filter and is even more effective
- A higher CADR rating means better and more effective air purification
- Make sure you choose your model according to the room size requirement otherwise even with all the right specs, it may not be as effective and timely in the air purification process
- Look out for a high fan speed purifier so it can cleanse the air faster
- Do remember to check the model before buying it, you do not want to end up with a noisy purifier
With all the correct choices above, you can confidently buy the best air purifier for allergens. Just remember to be sure of your requirements before making any decision and you will do just fine. And even if you find yourself lost, this is always where to come back for all the details you want. We promise it will be worth your money and time.
Table of Contents
- Choosing the Best Air Purifiers for Allergies
- What are the top 10 Air Purifiers for Allergies?
- What are some of the things you need to keep in mind before making a final decision?
- Concluding Words